The Australasian College of Phlebology (ACP) in conjunction with the International Union of Phlebology invites you to submit abstracts for consideration for an oral and/or poster presentation for the XVIII UIP World Congress of Phlebology 2018.Submit your abstract
Abstracts can be submitted for:
- Evidence-based research
- Case presentations
- How I Do It video presentation
- Art in Phlebology: 3 minutes presentation on a spectacular image of Phlebology
Abstracts must be submitted via the online abstract submission site by 28 July 2017.
The Australasian College of Phlebology and the International Union of Phlebology are dedicated to the promotion of evidence-based research and all abstracts are subject to peer review. Anecdote-based submissions will not be accepted and only cases of important clinical significance will be considered. All research abstracts must be no more than 250 words and include the headings;
Case Presentations must be no more than 250 words and include the headings;
- Case Details
Abstracts submitted in the wrong format will not be reviewed. All accepted abstracts will be published in a peer reviewed journal as received.
Themes (Alphabetical Order)
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Art in Phlebology
- Basic Science
- Challenges and Opportunities Facing the Specialty
- Cases and Clinical Puzzles
- Cosmetic Phlebology and Cosmetic Medicine
- Deep Veins
- Dermatology in Phlebology
- Extracranial and Cerebral Venous Disease
- Fluid Mechanics and Physiochemical Properties of Sclerosant Foams
- Interventional Radiology
- Leg Ulcers and Wound Care
- New Technologies
- Pelvic, Ovarian and Vulvar Veins
- Post Thrombotic Syndrome
- Telangiectasias and Telangiectatic conditions
- Thrombosis and Haemostasis
- Trainee Presentations
- Vascular Laser Therapy
- Venous Haemodynamics and Fluid Mechanics
- Venous Interventions
- Venous Thromboembolism – Clinical
- Venous Thromboembolism – DOACs and antidotes
- Vascular Anomalies
Abstracts will be accepted as either an oral presentation, ‘How I do it’ video or E-poster.
- Only submissions submitted in English will be considered. Please ensure you thoroughly check your submission for spelling and grammatical errors as accepted abstracts will be printed as per your submission.
- Abstracts are to be no more than 250 words and are to be structured
- References are not included in the word count.
- Abstracts must not contain bullet points, pictures, charts, diagrams or tables. Please ensure any acronyms are spelt out in the first instance.
- Ensure that all author information (names, affiliations and presenting author biography) is included and entered correctly.
- Presenters will be notified of acceptance in September 2017 and will need to confirm their attendance and registration before the close of the earlybird registration date.
- Presenting authors are required to register for the conference. No funding is provided to presenters. Any presenter not registered for the conference by the earlybird registration deadline will not have their abstract included in the program.
- Please ensure you review the abstract template and for formatting requirements. Submissions that do not meet the structure requirements will not be reviewed.
- No abstracts will be accepted for review after 28 July 2017.
Terms and Conditions
By submitting an abstract authors must agree to the following terms and conditions;
- I declare that the abstracts submitted is the original works of at least one author/presenter.
- If the abstract is accepted as an oral or poster, I confirm that at least one abstract author will register pay with full intention of attending and presenting the paper at the congress.
- No funding is provided to presenters. Any presenter not registered for the conference by the deadline specified in the acceptance email will have their abstract removed from the proceedings and program.
- If my abstract is accepted I also accept that the abstract will be published in a journal chosen by the organising committee.
- I am aware that only abstracts from authors (or co-authors) who are at the congress will be published.
- I am aware that if my abstract is selected, I provide consent for my presentation slides (for oral presenters), video and audio record and photos taken during my presentation/of my poster to be used and published by UIP and ACP, including being provided to delegates of the conference.
- I declare that the work described in this abstract has appropriate approval under local, ethical and animal experimentation rules.